The beaches in Goa have been a major center of attraction for thousands of tourists worldwide. Monsoon Trekking Adventure of Goa Tourism is the vacation vibes, calm atmosphere, a home to some of the most electric festivals and parties, the wide range of available world class cuisines and much more, contribute to making Goa one of the finest and popular travel destination amongst the tourists.
But there’s more to Goa than all of this. Goa is not just any travel destination with handpicked features, it is a complete package. The beaches are not just about the serenity and landscape; it is also about thrilling water adventure sports. Goa is not just about the beaches either; the Sahyadri mountain ranges in Goa invites hundreds of other things to see in Goa from waterfalls, national parks and much more.
Goa has left no stone unturned even when it comes to activities to do in Goa. From canyoning, ocean trekking to hot air ballooning, there are hundreds of thrilling activities to do in Goa all year round. Even during the rains, when Goa experiences an off-season, many tourists visit Goa for other thrilling activities here. The mountain ranges are beautiful during the rains and is thus a perfect place for trekking. For all the adrenaline junkies who love to trek, Goa is an ideal place for you.
Monsoon trekking in Goa
The monsoon trekking in Goa is equally exciting and thrilling as it sounds. The forests and mountains are lush green during this season, and is just perfect for trekking. There are number of waterfalls too, which can be visited during this trek. If you’re lucky, you’ll also have sightings of various species of birds and animals in the forests.
Places to visit for monsoon trekking in Goa
There are two major places for Monsoon Trekking Adventure of Goa tourism of Goa. The first one is a one-day trek in Dongurli village, about 65 km away from state capital Panjim. This is one of the most monsoon trekking adventure of Goa, and is ideal for all age ranges. It is organized by the Goa tourism department.
The Youth Hostel Association of India in Panjim organizes a trekking expedition which lasts for 6 days. The trek takes place in Mhadei wildlife sanctuary of Sattari in North Goa. There are beautiful waterfalls here, and is ideal for all the young generation.
Another adventurous trek is a one-day waterfall trek in Goa. Tambdi-Surla waterfall trek is a popular moderate-level trek to do in Goa. The major attraction in Tambdi Surla is a temple of Lord Shiva built in the 12th century. The intricate carvings of the temple adorn the interior and sides of the temple.
Prices For Monsoon Trekking In Goa
The price for monsoon trekking is pretty average, and is totally worth the experience. These prices mentioned below are approximately the same, and may vary from time to time.
- The monsoon trek organized by GTDC is a one-day trek and costs approximately Rs. 750 per head.
- The prices are inclusive of the transport from Panjim to the actual trek location.
- The prices also include food and insurance.
- The trek expedition organized by Youth Hostels Association of India (YHAI) in Goa is a 6-day expedition, and costs around Rs. 4500 per head.
- The prices are inclusive of accommodation, food, expert guidance, equipment and veg as well as non-veg meals.
- There is a pickup service available for this expedition from Panjim.
- The expedition is a group activity consisting of 50 members. The expedition begins only after 50 registrations.
Making The Plans
Monsoon trekking in goa tourism is an adventurous activity, and while many of the tourists are seasoned trekkers, it is advisable for all the participants to take note of a few things before registering.
- There is always a trek leader with your group, who is well-versed with the trekking routes and do’s and don’ts. Follow his lead during the trek.
- Make sure you follow his instructions religiously in order to maintain your own safety.
- Inform your trek leader of any allergies or fears you have.
- Make sure you carry ample rainwear, and are fully equipped with all the trek equipment.
- Your instructor will update you with a list of things to carry while on the trek. Make sure you carry it all for a convenient and safe experience.
- Carry your medications if any.
- Monsoon trekking requires a minimum level of fitness.
- Organizers reserve the right to make any changes in the program without giving any notice.
- Carry an ID-card along with you on the trek to ensure your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times while on trek.
- Do not wander off from your group in the forests.
- Do not indulge in any smoking or drinking activities before or during the trek.
Goa is the latest hub for such thrilling adventures in India and it will continue to remain one of the most popular travel destinations for the years to come. If you’re looking to plan a trip to Goa, and indulge in some of the most thrilling activities like monsoon trekking, we can help you chalk out an entire schedule with great places to stay and amazing food recommendations as well. To know more, contact us.